Use your card to make purchases and shop online. Once you register your card you can make ATM withdrawals or make a payment.Get Your Card Now
The CAT Platinum Visa Card™ gives you the power to make purchases worldwide anywhere Visa cards are accepted. The CAT Platinum Visa Card™ is reloadable so you can add money to the card over and over again. With the CAT Platinum Visa Card™, you can make purchases in stores or shop securely online, by phone, or through mail order purchases. The CAT Platinum Visa Card™ can also be used at millions of ATMs worldwide.
Using any desired devices from the comfort of your own home, the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ can be purchased by clicking the "Get Your Card" button above. It will take you to a form page with a step-by-step process.
Once approved, we will send you the card by mail. For more information, you may contact our customer support centre at 1-844-562-6228.
Click the "My Account" button in the box above to reload, view your balance, and to activate your card. A form will appear which will allow you to add money with your bank account using interactive E-Transfer. Add money whenever you want when your balnace on your card is running low.
1. How do I apply for the prepaid CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
You will need to submit an application with your personal information and present at least 2 pieces of ID including one piece of government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. You may be asked for additional information if needed for further identification purposes. You are able to upload them online during the application process.
2. Is the card available in every Province and Territory in Canada?
Yes, the card is available in every Province and Territory in Canada.
3. How long does it take to get my personalized card in the mail?
Your new personalized CAT Platinum Visa Card™ will arrive in the mail by Canada Post up to 2-5 weeks from the date of approval. If you do not receive your card within this timeframe, please contact our customer support centre at 1-844-562-6228. Please note that cards may take longer to receive in remote areas or special circumstances.
4. Do you perform Credit Checks?
No. Credit checks are not required to become a CAT Platinum Visa Card™ cardholder.
5. Can I still get a CAT Platinum Visa Card™ if I have bad credit?
Yes. CAT Platinum Visa Card™ has our own method of approving our customers. As long as you are a Canadian resident and we have a level of comfort with you, we can overlook a bad credit history.
6. Can I still get a CAT Platinum Visa Card™ if I already have another Visa™ credit card?
Yes. CAT Platinum Visa Card™ is a completely separate Visa™ card program.
7. Is the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ anonymous?
The CAT Platinum Visa Card™ are personalized with the card holders' name.
8. Is the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ a credit card?
No, the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ is a reloadable prepaid credit card. You must activate your card pre-load funds onto your card before you can start using the card. When you use your card, the amount of each transaction, including any applicable service fees, will be deducted from your account balance.
9. What fees apply to the CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
The application fee, and previously paid monthly fees are not refundable. Regular usage transaction fees also apply and also non-refundable. Please review Fee Schedule prior to ordering and using your card.
1. How do I activate my personalized CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
Once you receive your new personalized card in the mail, you should sign the back then activate it immediately.
2. When can I start to use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
You can start using your new card immediately after you activate and load your card.
1. How do I load funds to my CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
You may load your card by logging in online to My Account, using your user name and password ID.
2. What options do I have to load my card?
You may use CAT Platinum Visa Card™ online service if you have access to online banking service through your personal bank account which will take up to 48 hours for the funds to be posted to your card after your request.
3. Is there a minimum or maximum load amount that applies to the CAT Platinum Visa?
There is a minimum load of $15 and a maximum load of $2,500. The maximum balance on the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ cannot exceed $5,000 at any time. All limits are subject to change.
4. Can I add funds to my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ at an ATM?
No. You can only add funds to your Card by logging in to My Account.
1. Where can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™?
The CAT Platinum Visa Card™ is accepted at over 28.5 million locations worldwide and online. You can also withdraw cash at over 1 million ATMs worldwide.
2. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to make online purchases?
Yes, you can use your card to make purchases from online stores including dating and travel booking sites. At checkout, be sure to use the same address that you registered with your CAT Platinum Visa Card™.
3. How do I check my card balance?
You can check your card balance 24/7 by accessing your online account at My Account, or by calling 1-888-414-3733. Certain fees may apply for live customer service call; check the Fee Schedule.
4. What if I spend more money than I have on my card?
If your purchase is greater than your card’s available balance, the transaction will be declined.
5. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to withdraw cash from ATMs?
Yes, as long as you have your personalized PIN, you can obtain cash from any ATM in the world that has the MasterCard®, Maestro®, Cirrus® or STAR® logo. There will be a fee for each ATM transaction, in addition to any fees the ATM owner may charge.
6. How much cash can I withdraw from the ATM each day?
You can withdraw cash from an ATM as many times a day as you would like. However, you may not withdraw more than $1,500 total per day.
7. What if I need to return merchandise that I purchased using my CAT Platinum Visa?
The merchant will handle the return in accordance with Visa guidelines. Store return policies may vary. The merchant may credit your card, provide a cash refund, or issue a store credit. If the merchant reverses or cancels the transaction on your card, there will be a fee and it may take up to 10 days for those funds to become available on your card.
8. What is a pre-authorization?
A pre-authorization means that a temporary hold is placed on a portion of your funds over and above the actual purchase amount until the merchant settles the transaction - usually within 3 days. During this time, these funds will not be available to you to make additional purchases or ATM cash withdrawals. As an example, pay-at-the-pump gas stations may pre-authorize $75 and restaurants will pre-authorize 20% over the bill amount. Other merchants such as hotels and car rental companies may have higher pre-authorization amounts or other requirements. We recommend that you contact the merchant in advance to ensure that you will have sufficient funds to cover the purchase and any pre-authorization amount.
9. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to pay-at-the-pump for gas?
Yes, but a pay-at-the-pump transaction may involve a pre-authorization of $75 or more. So as an example, if you do not have $75 available on your card, the transaction will be declined. By paying for your gasoline inside, only the actual purchase amount will be withdrawn from your card balance.
10. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to rent a car?
Yes, however some car rental companies may elect not to accept your card as a form of payment. Please keep in mind that car rental companies will process a pre-authorization for much more than the actual cost of the rental until which time you return the vehicle and settle for extra charges such as fuel, damage, road tolls, extra days, etc. These preauthorized funds may not become available on your card for up to 60 days. To avoid any issues, we advise you to first contact the rental car company and ask them about their company policy.
11. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to book a hotel?
Yes, however keep in mind that hotels will process a pre-authorization for more than the actual cost of the room until you checkout and settle for extra charges such as room service, telephone charges, damage, etc. These preauthorized funds may not become available on your card for up to 10 days. To avoid any issues, we advise you to first contact the hotel and ask them what their company policy is.
12. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ at a restaurant?
Yes, however keep in mind that restaurants process a pre-authorization for approximately 20% more than the actual bill in anticipation of a tip that may be added. These preauthorized funds may not become available on your card for up to 4 days. To avoid any issues we advise that prior to dining, you make sure your balance is sufficient enough to cover the bill plus a pre-authorization amount.
13. Why was my card declined?
Your card may have been declined because the purchase amount was greater than the available balance on your card. Some retailers will allow you to do a split transaction where they allow you to use two separate payment methods. Merchants are unable to obtain the balance on your card so it’s important to always know your balance before making a purchase. Please also note that there is sometimes going to be a delay on processing if you have just loaded your card.
14. Can I use my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ for preauthorized payments or bill payments?
Yes. Just check with the company that is accepting the payment to see if they accept Visa cards and follow their payment instructions. Preauthorized or recurring payments are charged automatically to your card. It is important to remember to have sufficient funds on your card to cover these transactions as the company may suspend or cancel your service if the transaction gets declined.
1. What if my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ is lost or stolen?
You must call toll free at 1-866-231-0373 immediately if your card has been lost or stolen. You will need to provide your card number and other information. A replacement card can be provided at a cost of $5.00, and the remaining balance from your lost or stolen card will be transferred to your new card. Your funds are protected if your card is lost or stolen with Visa’s Zero Liability Protection. Click here to review the Cardholder Agreement for details on Visa Zero Liability Protection.
2. How can I remove funds from my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ to close the account?
There are three ways to do this:
- Use your card at any participating merchant to purchase goods and services.
- You can simply withdraw the funds at an ATM machine. Any ATM transaction fees and surcharges will still apply.
- Call customer service at 1 844-562-6228 to make arrangements to cancel the card and provide a refund of any money on the card, which refund may take up to four months to receive.
3. When will my CAT Platinum Visa Card™ expire?
Your card will expire within approximately 24 to 36 months from the date you activate it. The valid thru date is printed on the front of your card.
4. Will I receive a monthly statement?
Yes. Your monthly statement is available 24/7 by login into My Account.
5. What is the difference between current and available balance?
The current balance does not include pre-authorizations. The available balance reflects the amount of funds you have available at the time you check your balance.
6. What if I forget my login or password to access my online account?
If you forget your password, simply click on the “forgot my password” link on My Account or by calling 1-844-562-6228.
7. What if I don’t recognize a transaction on my card?
If you do not recognize a transaction when reviewing your account online, try to match up the transaction amount with your receipts. Sometimes merchant names will show up different than the actual name of the store. If in doubt, contact the merchant.
8. Is my personal information kept private?
Yes. Your privacy is important to us. Please refer to the CAT Platinum Visa Card™ Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions, please fill out this form and our representatives will be in touch with you shortly.
9625 Macleod Trail SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No Credit History? Bad Credit? No Worries.